Septimus Heap Book II: Flyte by Angie Sage
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
There were more action than the first book, which is nice. :)
Favorite scenes in my mind:
1. Nicko's and Septimus' escape from the wolverines - thanks to their long-lost shape shifter grandfather, Grandpa Benji, who now lives in the Forest as a tree.
2. Jenna's in the nick of time escape from a land wurm.
3. The fight in the sky while Jenna, Nicko, and Septimus ride the Dragon Boat back to the Castle and Simon pursues them using the incomplete Flyte Charm and Thunderflashes. The Dragon Boat got hit by a huge Thunderflash and it drops to Jannit Maarten's boatyard. Thankfully, Septimus, Jenna and Aunt Zelda are able to revive him using the Transubstantiation Triple spell.
4. Septimus' and Beetle's trip down the Ice Tunnels.
5. Spit Fyre's first Flyte.
6. The reassembled skeleton of Dom Daniel as it tries to reach Marcia.
Now I'm on to the third book in the series - Physik. :)
View all my reviews