Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cujo by Stephen King


CujoCujo by Stephen King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The book is awesome. :D At first, I almost got dizzy with the abrupt changes in POVs and scenarios. It felt as if there were too many things happening at the same time. There were too many issues tackled - marriage, family life, motherhood. Eventually, all of them converged to make a very excellent story.

After making me feel afraid of what might happen to the characters when Cujo tried to attack them, King got me heavyhearted at these words: "It would perhaps not be amiss to point out that he had always tried to be a good dog. He had tried to do all the things his MAN and his WOMAN and most of all his BOY, had asked or expected of him. He would have died for them, if that had been required. He had never wanted to kill anybody. He had been struck by something, possibly destiny, or fate, or only a degenerative nerve disease called rabies. Free will was not a factor." :(


The ending was tragic. I felt sad at Tad's death and at his mother's futile attempts to save him. I also felt sad that Cujo had to die. :( I also have pets and I sure don't want the same thing to happen to them. But it can't be helped if Cujo had gone rabid. :(


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment